Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Urban November Sunset

It's getting cold outside, and dark is setting in pretty early in this beginning of November. Yesterday as I was calling my cats to come in (for those who read my last post; don't laugh) and I noticed the sky. The sun was setting and the colors were wonderful. I want back inside, grabbed my camera and took a few pictures from over my backyard fence.

It's funny how we rarely think about taking pictures of our day to day environment. Home is home, we've seen it so many times that we think that everything remains the same and that it's not worth looking at anymore. We take pictures when we're on vacation in a tropical paradise and the sun slowly disappears over the sea with the beach and the palm trees in the foreground. But what about the beauty of an urban sunset with its power lines and street lights. I agree, it is a different type of beauty but still beautiful enough to stop for a minute and enjoy the moment.


November sunset
from my backyard, Boisbriand, November 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment