Sunday, November 6, 2011

November Frost


First Frost
Well maybe not the very first one but the first one worth taking pictures of. Last Friday morning everything was set in little spikes so I couldn't resist taking pictures. The first one, I took from my iPhone but it was set on video so I don't have a picture but I three second video of a frosted leaf on the top of The Mini in the parking lot of my morning appointment.  


The others were taken from my garden right after I got back.  This time I used my usual camera.  It doesn't have a video on it so no chance of confusion, I can only take pictures.  They were taken as the sun started to shine and warm the garden so it was perfect lighting for cool spiky pictures. 


Frost on the top of an Echinacea
Vine with spikes of frost
Frost melting on an Echinacea
Little row of spikes on the patio ramp

The last one doesn't fit the spike theme, it's all soft and round.  Little pearls on a leaf.

Pearls of frozen dew

Wouldn't it be beautiful if we could gather all those little crystals and make an necklace out of them.  I'm sure that's where designers and jewelers take their inspiration from.

4 comments:

  1. Belles photos;)
    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quand on est attentif à la nature, elle nous fait de beaux cadeaux! Très belles photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci Claudie, c'est en grande partie ce que je veux montrer au monde en écrivant ce blog. Même les choses les plus anodines peuvent devenir magnifiques si on les regardent avec le bon oeil.

    ReplyDelete