Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lawn flowers

Let's have a look so I can show you that there is more than weeds growing in my yard. Let's start with the violet.  There are a few of these in the grass,  little purple spot here and there.  I decided to put them all together so they would make more of a statement, so I gathered and planted them in my garden.  We will see next year what it looks like. They are often seen next to wild strawberry plants which we also have on our lawn.


Common Dog Violet, Boisbriand, May 2012
The problem with wild flowers in the grass is that they get mowed every week. So unless I tell my boyfriend not to mow an area they all get chopped off.  Therefore, I never get to have wild strawberries.  That's OK because I'd rather buy them then have a hay field as a lawn.  









Wild strawberry flower, Boisbriand, May 2012

Last but not least, the Veronica. It's a tiny flower, it appears on the lawn as little white specs. If you want to see how lovely they are you practically have to lay down on the ground. Since they're that small it's hard to get a clear focused picture close-up, but with some trying I finally got some decent shots.  
As you can see on this picture, they are quite small; the size of a piece of grass.

Veronica, Boisbriand, May 2012






































Here is what it looks like when you zoom in, a delicate white and purple flower hiding in the grass.


Veronica, Boisbriand, May 2012

Most people would consider all of these flowers as weeds on their perfect green grass lawn, but I like them. As for dandelions, that's another story.





No comments:

Post a Comment