Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's that time of year again


Snow on a buch of Echinacae
Well, it's that time of year again, Christmas Eve.  What are you guys doing right now?  Running around trying to buy a last minute gift for uncle Whatchama Callit that you haven't seen in ages and is coming over tonight.  Or maybe trying to figure out how you are going to sit everyone at the table for dinner or better yet, you just burnt the turkey and will have to get St-Hubert and stuff it with what you were able to save for the bird that is now looking like the Griswold family one in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  Or maybe you are a well organized person and have everything ready and is enjoying a hot cocoa in front of a nice fire looking forward to gift giving time.

However you are celebrating Christmas, my cats, my family and I are wishing you all a nice Holiday with the ones you love.

I tried to get the cats to sit for a Christmas pictures but they didn't feel like sitting still with a Christmas hat (which is actually a Christmas stocking,  shhhh.....everybody doesn't have to know) on their head.  Sachat stayed around long enough for me to get one shot.  Grisgris saw me coming and ran away so here is what you get.  I have added a couple of wintery pictures so you wouldn't feel like I let you down.

Sachat before she decided that the hat was enough
Mésange à tête noire (Black-capped Chickadee)
Boisbriand, QC Décembre 2011
For those who were wondering if Québec is going to have a white Christmas.  It seems like it.  There is about an inch of snow on the ground that fell yesterday. And the forecast calls for cold temperatures so the snow is going to stay at least 'til after Christmas.  We will have a white Christmas, at least in Boisbriand.


Ice on a Rosebush in our yard

Snowfall from yesterday
So Merry Christmas to all of you who are reading me and I talk to you next year or maybe sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment