Monday, October 17, 2011

Oops I was wrong

Yes I was, when I said I had seen the last blooming flowers of the year.  I went for a walk yesterday and stumbled on a kind of flower I had not seen before.  Unfortunately, I had left my camera at home since it was rainy and I did not think I would see anything interesting.  I guess I did not learn my lesson even though I remember saying that I would never leave home without it (Wasn't that American Express slogan ?).  Anyway, my boyfriend Chris had his iPhone and I tried to get pictures but, phones are not very good for macrophotography so...........no pictures unless you want to see a white blur.

Don't worry I'll show you something else.  In the last blog I showed you the Asters but I also talked about some touches of yellow and orange.  Here is what I was talking about.

Impatiente du cap, Boibriand, QC, septembre 2011
Here is the Impatiente du Cap.  Can you believe I found it right before the access ramp to highway 13 in front of a gas station?  Incredible, don't you think?  It's English common name is Jewelweed, how appropriate.















The next one I found in a lot for sale next to two new houses in my neighbourhood.  It's called Linaire vulgaire or Butter-and-egg, you'll see why when you look at the picture.

Linaire vulgaire, Boisbriand, QC, septembre 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment