Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Beauties

Last night I went for a walk and I found these new beauties; some that I missed two days ago or that bloomed in the mean time.  Anyway they are just gorgeous.


This one is called Bermudienne à feuilles étroite.  It is also called Blue-eyed Grass.  How appropriate since it's tiny and lost in the middle of tall grass.  I was lucky to find it.  There is even a bug on the stem as a bonus.
  
  

This second one was well hidden under its leaves and in a very unexpected location.  I found it on the lawn of a newly finished house mixed with weeds, sand and gravel and yet, it has these delicate petals with pink coloring.  Its name is Mauve négligée or Common Mallow.  Even if its leaves look like the one of geraniums they are not from the same family.


No comments:

Post a Comment